Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A new first post for a new blog

I have three other blogs that I work on "periodically" (meaning "when something catches my eye" or "I have something cool to share"). But they are more specific and less general purpose. One, Ex Mediis Aevis, coverages my fascination and knowledge of the middle ages and the second is my development blog for Otto Von Productions. The third was/is an attempt at short fiction around surviving the zombie apocalypse, but I'm kind of burned out on zombies. Not that I'm not planning on watching the premiere of "Walking Dead", though. Those blogs are great (and you should check them out), but I don't really have anywhere that I can just sort of talk about whatever it is that I feel like talking about.
I've been reading a lot of Wil Wheaton's books over the past few weeks (got a Kindle Paperwhite for my birthday - thanks family!) and there's a freedom in his blog about being able to write about, well, whatever the hell he wants to write about. I sort of pigeonholed myself with the previous blogs and had started this one over 5 years ago to talk about software management (another round hole). I'm going to repurpose this one, though, to be just a generic blog. A place where I can talk about the triumphs and challenges of raising a brilliant, talented 10-year old girl and a VERY energetic 2-year old boy. About the day-to-day crap that sometimes gets me down. About the things that get me motivated. About life, I guess.
So, here's to a blog unlike the others. A blog about just being me. Hope you enjoy the ride.

No comments: